eBook and how to read
1. What is eBook?
In the simplest terms, eBook is the digital version of a book.
2. How to read an eBook?
eBook can be read using a device like computer, tablet or mobile phone. To read the ebook in browser, you need an active internet connection.
You can also read the book offline from our Android App. Learn more about the Android App from here.
3. Do I need special software or special fonts to read an eBook?
All you need is, your browser need to support Adobe Flash Player. We support online reading currently and the book opens in the browser itself.
4. Is there any sample books available for preview?
Yes. Please click on the following sample books available for preview.
Tamil - Click here
Kannada - Click here
Telugu - Click here
Malayalam - Click here
English - Click here
5. How does the reader look?
Kindly look at the sample book to get a feel of our reader. Here is the snapshot of the reader for your convenience with few important actions you may perform in the reader.
1. Are these books legal?
Yes. We have got the copyrights from authors to publish eBooks. We do not have any illegal books in our website.
2. Can I print/copy/save or email the book to my friends?
We request you not to do so. Cost of these eBooks are very cheaper when compared to printed books. So, we encourage you to tell your friends/relatives to buy books, so that author also gets benefited for their hard work.
3. What are those free ebooks?
There is a big list of books which are nationalized in India. Project Madurai
is a voluntary initiative to publish free versions of Tamil literature on the internet. We have published those books in Pustaka in ebook format just for your convenience to read. Kindly visit Project Madurai
to read other free books.
1. What are the different options available for me to read the book?
You have 2 options to read your favourite book - Buy or Rent.
2. How does the rent option works?
80% of the books are one time read and you dont want to spend lots of money in buying those books. We always thought lending library is such a cool concept for book lovers. We wanted to introduce the same concept for eBooks as well.
To start renting books, all you need to do is to buy the subscription plan
from the list of plans and start renting the book you wanted to read. When you "Rent" a book, the book is available for you to read for 30 days in your bookshelf. The book expires after that time.
3. What are the different plans available for rent?
We have four options -
(1) Monthly - 20 books @ ₹99 / $2.49 (effective cost per book is ₹4.95/¢0.12)
(2) Quarterly - 50 books @ ₹229 / $6.49 (effective cost per book is ₹4.58/¢0.13)
(3) Half-yearly - 100 books @ ₹429 / $11.49 (effective cost per book is ₹4.29/¢0.11)
(4) Annual - 200 books @ ₹799 / $20.49 (effective cost per book is ₹4.00/¢0.10)
choose the plan that suits you.
1. Can I cancel my subscription?
No. The subscription plans cannot be canceled and no refund provided.
2. Can I cancel the eBook I have bought?
No. Once the eBook is bought, it cannot be canceled.
Publish my book
1. I like your concept and idea. Can I publish my eBook in your portal?
Yes. As long as your book is in any of the Indian language. We wanted to provide a platform for Indian authors to explore this new technology and reach customers worldwide. We are happy to publish your books in our portal. Kindly drop a mail to email@example.com
and will get back to you.